Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Seeking Sponsor for KL-Marathon 'Run for a Cause'

Finally, the very much anticipated KL-Marathon 'Run for a Cause' is open for registration.

I am determined to run my first Full Marathon in the coming KL Marathon 2010.  To make the event more fun and memorable, I have taken part in the 'charity run event'... 'Run for a Cause'.

To 'Run for A Cause', runners can enjoy 'free registration' for the run if we can raise at least RM500 for one of the five charity bodies by 1st June 2010.

Basically, I have to raise RM500 to run 42KM for 'free'... if this is not insane, what else?!

I have chosen National Cancer Society of Malaysia as the beneficial body.

To make the event more meaningful, I am now inviting you to join me by contributing a small amount to National Cancer Society of Malaysia. For more information about National Cancer Society of Malaysia, you can visit http://www.cancer.org.my/.

How to sponsor me
You can drop a comment (at the bottom of this post) to tell me the amount, and the name you would like to appear in the sponsor list... I will do the rest.

Alternatively, if you are comfortable with online transaction, you can visit my Runner Profile page at http://www.kl-marathon.com/profile/5255.
Click on the blue "DONATE NOW" button and follow the instruction from there on.

To date, I have collected RM330... and I hope more will be coming in.  The first sponsor is no other than 'yours truly'.


My Training Plan
Can I do it?  To date, the longest distance I have ever ran is 26km on 18 December 2009, and that have almost taken everything out of me.  Frankly, I don't know if I can do a Full Marathon.

The good news is, I have about 13 weeks to prepare for it.

To all my sponsors and potential sponsors out there... just to assure you that I am serious about the charity event, here is what I am going to do in the next 13 weekends...

(22/3 - 28/3) 13 weeks to go: 21k (Energizer Night Run 2010, done, timing: 2hr 23min 15.63s);
(29/3 - 4/4) 12 weeks to go: 25k;
(5/4 - 11/4) 11 weeks to go: 21k;
(12/4 - 18/4) 10 weeks to go: 29k;
(19/4 - 25/4) 9 weeks to go: 21k;
(26/4 - 2/5) 8 weeks to go: 32k;
(3/5 - 9/5) 7 weeks to go:  21k;
(10/5 - 16/5) 6 weeks to go: 35k;
(17/5 - 23/5) 5 weeks to go: 21k;
(24/5 - 30/5) 4 weeks to go: 37k;
(31/5 - 6/6) 3 weeks to go: 19k;
(7/6 - 13/6) 2 weeks to go: 23k;
(14/6 - 20/6) 1 week to go: 16k;
(21/6 - 27/6) Race day!!!

I will update my training progress from time to time on this blog... so, please check back.

To all the sponsors and potential sponsors: thank you for your generousity and trust!

Together, we run for a better life!

2 Comments:

Blogger LIFE IS GREAT said...

Good job YS..

Your training plan is all written.Just follow it and sure you can do it.

See you in SCKLM.We can run side by side..

8:05 PM  
Anonymous YS said...

Hi LIFE IS GREAT (aka Foo), thanks for your contribution... very encouraging and deeply appreciate it!

Yes... we should run side by side in the coming SCKLM... it is my great pleasure to have 'si fu' + sponsor to run with me... hahaha...!

9:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home