Saturday, April 10, 2010

Road to KL-Marathon 2010, 79 days to go

8th April 2010, Thursday, practice.

Start time: 5:05am (yawn... yawn...)

Route: Taman Desa 9.37km.

Timing: 57min 39s.

I was aiming for timing better than 56minutes, was pushing a little bit harder at the beginning.  However, started to feel tired and out-of-breath at km-5.  The remaining 4 kms was struggling, especially during the final climb. Am still not fit enough to push for hill climb.

The Side Stitch Ghost
For the previous few runs of the same route and at the same pace, Side Stitch Ghost had been constantly haunting me during the final 1 km run.  The same ghost came to haunt me during my previous 2 half marathons too, causing great discomfort during the runs.  Was glad that the notorious Side Stitch Ghost did not haunt at this round.
I suspected the ghost was due to my weak belly or too much fluid intake in one go.  I am experiementing new water intake sequence... i.e. small regular sips rather than bigger gulp in one go.  Will see if that helps.  Time is running out before the '30km' human comfort-limit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home