Saturday, February 05, 2011

Everything checked, except... (duhhhh!)

It is Chinese New Year period with semi-long working holidays again.  While planning for the holiday, one dilemma that always confuse me:

- should I grab the opportunity to clock the much needed mileage on every holiday?, or
- should I take a break from running?, or
- should I follow the schedule like any working day?

For the 'barely over' Chinese New Year, I decided to skip running on day-1 (Thu) and day-2 (Fri), pampering myself after my first ever 80k+ week.

With the 2 'run-less' days, I planned to compensate by doing another "back2back" during the weekend.

On Friday (day-2 of new year), I would be travelling to Malacca and then straight to Klang for the weekend.  So, my much needed weekend "back2back" has to be done in Klang.

For the much anticipated "back2back" weekend in Klang, I have done a long checklist making sure that all the long run survival kits are with me to Malacca... and then... to Klang.

So... with the help of my Home Minister, we make sure that I have two sets of running shirt, pants, socks, towels... and
- hydration belt + bottle: checked;
- stopwatch: checked;
- gps: checked;
- gps charger: checked;
- contact lens: checked;
- arm porch: checked.
and the family travelled happily to Malacca, and then, to Klang on Friday night.

The fun happened when I was driving along the boring Seremban-KLIA-detour-Klang expressway... and mentally going through what to do on the next (Saturday) morning for my run.

I posted the following dumb question to my Home Minister who had just waken up from the sleep after travelling for nearly 2 hours in the car...

...mama, did you put my running shoes in the 'boot'?

Her reply in sleepy tone: no.

That's why I am sitting here blogging now.

5 Comments:

Blogger francis said...

Aiyoh! That's why some people even put a pair of 'extra' running shoes in their car boot.....
Nevermind lah, you tried.......

10:48 PM  
Blogger YS said...

Hi Frances, Giong Hee Huat Cai (in Penang Hokkien)!

That's a good idea (for me, the forgetful type).

By the way, how's training for HK Marathon going?

10:42 AM  
Blogger francis said...

well, not much training at all. Did very minimal milleage because of the injury. So far only ran twice since CNY. 10-15km each. But feeling better with little or no pain. Good sign. Hope can keep this up. But running strategy in HK stil undecided. Will see how.....

9:02 AM  
Blogger LIFE IS GREAT said...

Gong Xi Fa Cai YS!!

I read u also packed a pair of contact lens?So finally you want to get rid of the specs..ha..ha..ha.

BTW..it is a very good decision.Trust me.

10:00 AM  
Blogger YS said...

Hi Foo... Gong Hey Fatt Choy (in Cantonese) to you too!

Yes, my 'sifu' is right... contact lens are very useful especially for "wet-run". I still remember your advice during the pre-start of KL-Marathon when the rain started together with the race (and WorldCup)...:) They are now the "must-have" for LSD.

Thank you for the tips!

10:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home