Wednesday, February 09, 2011

It is 100k out-and-back

Finally, the much anticipated 100k route is out.

I would say that my CNY wish has "partially" came true... the route is NOT some nonsense boring loops, not even 2 loops of 50k!

Well, an out-and-back might be considered a loop of the same route.  But to me, it is still better than loops which you are "invited" or "given a chance" to give up easily.

In fact, the out-and-back 100k route gives me pleasant surprise: it ends at Bedok Reservoir before we U-turn back... exactly where the campus of my alma mater situated.  I have never studied at this campus before... was graduated before the campus was completed 20 years ago.  It is always my wish to visit the Bedok Reservoir campus which, according to old friends, is impressive.

Now, mentally, I am just taking a trip from Marina Bay... a place which I spent a lot of Saturday nights eating steamboat and "lepaking" with old friends 20 years ago... to the new campus of my alma mater... on foot.  Gosh... this is just too exciting!

More... more... seeing the perfect sunrise along the Changi Airport stretch on my way back... the place that I spent countless nights studying for final exam... yes, we studied at Terminal 2 of Changi Airport overnight, all the nights before and during exam!  All my good memories of school day just flashed back!

Am anticipating, with fear-of-unknown and excitement!

2 Comments:

Blogger LIFE IS GREAT said...

Those good old times in school...
we cherished those moments when we grow older.
I think it is a flat route except maybe near the reservior.True?

10:14 AM  
Blogger YS said...

Hi Foo, yes... route is flat all the way...:) Really thankful!

Really hope to bump into some old friends/teachers...:)

11:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home